If you’re like me and crave peanut butter and chocolate nearly every day of your life, than these decadent, chewy, and crunchy energy balls will be sure to make your weekly snack list!
They couldn’t be easier, with less than 8 ingredients, one being your favorite Buddha Butter blend (Peaceful Peanut / Shanti Seed Peanut / OR Awakened Almond ). Did I mention they are 100% vegan-licious protein, chock full of fiber and a copious amount of those healthy fats your doctor’s always nagging you to eat more of?
Enough build up, let’s get to it!
Ingredients ( Makes approx. 15)
- 1 cup (~220 g) dates, pitted and chopped into small cubes
- 4 Tbsp of your favorite Buddha Butter blend (Peaceful Peanut / Shanti Seed Peanut / OR Awakened Almond )
- 1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ Tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ Tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup rolled oats (mixed variety is preferred with rye, oat, and whole wheat).
- In a food processor: add chopped dates, rolled oats, chia seeds, Buddha Butter blend, flax seeds, cinnamon, vanilla and pulse or mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chunks last to assure you don’t pulse them too long.
- Careful not to over blend! Check on it as you pulse, the mixture will look loose–but don’t worry, with the warmth of your hands it will come together.
- Using a big tablespoon, spoon about 30 grams per ball to roll into approx. 1-inch balls. Press your hands together firmly to help the mixture come together. Should make about 15 Buddha bites.
- Place balls on a tray or flat plate and let set in the fridge for 15 minutes. (They can last up to a week, but who are we kidding…they will be gone in 2 days!)