One of our favorite go-to dinners/perfect side dishes is 100% vegan and 110% delicious, and all it takes are a couple of zucchinis, a spiralizer, and roughly 20 minutes of your time. Did we mention it uses Bb Peaceful Peanut Butter blend to make an asian-inspired creamy spicy sauce? Yep. Good stuff.
We originally found this recipe on Susan Voisin’s fantastic site Fat Free Vegan Kitchen, a place where we constantly find great vegan-inspired recipes. Rae of the Bb team humbly admits that she is not a great pots & pans kinda cook–she much prefers using unheated ingredients and a single mixing bowl. So Susan’s noodles looked like her kind of culinary undertaking.
The original recipe and nutritional information can be found here. We offer Rae’s own take on the recipe below. As she loves color, crunch, and texture in her noodle salads, she chose to add some more veggies to the dish as well extra spice! She also is admittedly not a huge fan of garlic, so she removed it, though we are sure it tastes great with it!
– 3 thin zucchinis (measure the circumference of your spiralizer to make sure the vegetable will fit!) — some supermarkets now sell spiralized zucchini if you do not have a spiralizer
– 1/4 red or yellow bell pepper shredded or julienned
– 1/4 carrot julienned
– 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
– 1 heaping tablespoon of Bb Peaceful Peanut Butter
– 1 tablespoon water
– 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar or rice vinegar
– 1/2 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
– 1 teaspoon sriracha
– 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
– 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
– minced fresh cilantro
– sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds/ or toasted pumpkin seeds /or crushed roasted peanuts on top
Start by removing the ends from your clean zucchinis. Use a spiralizer to make zucchini strings–which resemble a thin pasta noodle. Line a large serving bowl with a clean kitchen towel and let the zucchini noodles rest in the bowl.
Next, prepare your shredded/julienned peppers, carrots, and halved tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
The sauce comes next. In a small bowl, whisk the tablespoon of Bb Peaceful Peanut with 1 tablespoon of water and all remaining ingredients.
Remove the towel from the veggie bowl.
Pour sauce over the veggies and stir well until the noodles and other veggies are completely coated.
Serve immediately or throw in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill the noodles right before the meal!
P.s. We highly recommend checking out more recipes from Susan, our personal favorites are in her list entitled: Ridiculously easy.